Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cardamom Biscotti and more

Here are some cardamom biscotti I made tonight. They are fat free and I thought they were really good, especially considering I had never made biscotti before. They had the right amount of sweetness, too, unlike the last thing I made.

Cardamom Biscotti
2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 tablespoons Ener-G egg replacer
6 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together egg replacer and water, then mix in dry ingredients. Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla. You will probably need to add more water to get it to dough consistency. Shape dough into two loaves 1" high on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Let loaves cool for 5 or 10 minutes, then cut into 1/2" slices. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip cookies over and bake for another 10.



In the mail today, I got the Softies book I ordered. It's a book that has patterns for 25 cute little plush creatures. I have always liked crafts but I'm not much of a sewer. Many of the projects look good for beginners. I can't wait to make one of the little guys.


Check out the book here and the blog dedicated to them here.

2 comments:

trina said...

These sound great! On a totally unrelated issue, in response to your comment, have you been to Casa de Tree in Torrance? It is one of my favorite vegan establishments.

Anonymous said...

that Softies book sounds like a blast! and don't get me started on them biscottis...